Recipe Overview | Cooking Essentials
Lollipop lamb seared to medium rare, seasoned with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Paired with a tangy pomegranate chimichurri featuring mint, garlic, and red wine vinegar.
When I’m ovulating, my body craves lollipop lamb. Its packed with tons of key nutrients that support fertility and there’s just something about cutting into a perfectly seared piece of meat that makes me feel sexy. It’s giving jazz music playing in the kitchen, a bottle of red wine poured into the decanter to breathe and some candles setup around the table to eat.
I love that this recipe includes a pomegranate chimichurri because it not only tastes delicious but they contain high levels of antioxidants and they make the presentation of the dish look beautiful.
Lollipop w/ Pomegranate Chimichurri
- 1 rack of lamb Frenched and cut individually
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves
- Red pepper flakes
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a small food processor add all chimichurri ingredients except pomegranates and olive oil. Pulse 3-4 times. Turn the food processor on low and drizzle in the olive oil. About 1 minute. Pour into a bowl, toss with pomegranate seeds. Cover and refrigerate.
- On a plate or platter pat all of your lollipop lamb dry. Season both side of the lamb with salt, pepper and rosemary (light on the salt as lamb is naturally salty).
- Over medium high heat warm up a pan (cast iron preferred) and add your olive oil. Sear your lamb for 4-5 minutes a side. Make sure as it hits the pan your getting a good sizzle. Cook until 125 degrees internal (medium rare).
- Remove from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Top with the pomegranate chimichurri.
meals She Eats
First-of-its-kind, functional lifestyle guide for PCOS, complete with personal stories and nourishing recipes just like this one!