This my friends is the Crab-stuffed Salmon, a dish that marries the tender richness of salmon with the delicate flavors of lump crab meat. Its a gourmet and heartwarming dish that’s perfect for those seeking to impress at a dinner party or simply indulge in a lavish meal at home. For those of you who know our story, you know we cook Sunday meals for college students and if you are new to the site its a story worth reading up on!
This year we started our weekday college meal series for smaller groups of students to incorporate dishes that are hard to scale for the masses and this crab stuffed salmon was our first recipe we served. We’re so excited to be able to share the taste of this memory with all of you.
Crab Stuffed Salmon
For Crab Mixture
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- ½ cup GF breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ½ tbsp old bay
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 dash worcestershire
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 6 oz 1 inch thick salmon filets with skin on
- Sea Salt and fresh cracked pepper to coat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Paprika for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, mustard, old bay and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl combine egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and worcestershire. Fold in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Add the crab meat and parsley. Gently mix and don’t over mix. Refrigerate for a 15 minutes up to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Over medium high heat add olive oil to your cast iron and allow it to heat up. Note: we don’t want the oil to smoke so adjust temp as needed.
- Using a filet knife make a slit, nearly down to the skin, of the salmon filets. Salt and pepper the salmon filets.
- Stuff the salmon with a generous amount of the crab mixture. Sprinkle it with paprika. Place filets onto hot cast iron to crisp the skin, 2 minutes. Place cast iron into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until internal temp of 135 degrees.
Automatic Electric Pepper and Salt Grinder with gravity sensor switch for effortless operation. Adjustable grinding levels, suitable for various seasonings. Unique design, quality guaranteed.
meals She Eats
First-of-its-kind, functional lifestyle guide for PCOS, complete with personal stories and nourishing recipes just like this one!