Pork has a tendency to be less expensive but it’s also kind of boring. This recipe shows off how versatile pork can be. It was one of the first dishes I posted online that I was proud of how it looked, and more importantly how good it tasted. It’s great to serve over a bed of arugula or wild rice. Other tasty side dishes include roasted garlic mushrooms, beet salad, and lentil soup.
– Tom Sullivan
Balsamic Pork with Blueberry Sauce
- 1 pork tenderoin
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- Add all of the marinade ingredients to a large resealable bag.Seal and shake until thoroughly mixed. Add the pork tenderloin, seal the bag, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to cook the pork tenderloin, remove it from the fridge and let it come to room temperature while you prepare the blueberry sauce. In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce to a simmer. Continue to cook until three-fourths of the liquid cooks off, about 10 minutes, stirring periodically. Thin with more water as needed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the skillet and heat until shimmering. Remove the pork tenderloin from the marinade and add the pork to the pan. Sear for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Resist the urge to move it. Once golden brown, it will release without sticking.
- Once all sides of the pork are seared, move the skillet to the oven. Bake pork for 25 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C). Remove pork from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes as the temperature rises to 145°F (63°C).
- After resting, top with the blueberry sauce and enjoy.
meals She Eats
First-of-its-kind, functional lifestyle guide for PCOS, complete with personal stories and nourishing recipes just like this one!